Re: [g-a-devel] Could you demo mousetweaks at accessibility summit

Hi Steve,

> I seem to be having system problems on my laptop and
> have not yet managed to either see the demo or get it to work so I'm
> afraid I'm not going to be a good demonstrator.
Sorry for this late reply; but my monitor has broken. It seems that we are both having a little bad luck. (I am writing this from a webmail on a temporary setup.)

> I did briefly talk
> about MouseTweaks with Willie yesterday and it would appear to
> usefully round out the mouse usability options.
If there are some special requirements, the developer of mousetweaks offered to be ready to help few weeks ago on the g-a-d list.

> I agree that visual feedback would improve the user experience.
Sorry, I don't really understand about what visual feedback you are talking.

> Out of interest are the gesture features described for GDM implemented
> with chickenscratch?
No, the gesture feature is a mechanisme provided by the accessibility feature of GDM itself. But calling it gestures features might be misleading.In fact, in reality. the routine does not check for gestures, it only checks for crossings of the border of the login window. (that might also be one of the reasons, why it only works with the plain greeter.) In GDM this gesture feature is called dwell, which I think is even more a misnamer.

By the way, gdm is being rewritten (d-bus branch) and both greeters are being replaced by another one called simple greeter. The fate of the accessibility features will probably depend mostly on the availability of developers ready to work on these features.

Cheers
Francesco