Re: [g-a-devel] ubuntu + gnome-mag

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 17:31 -0200, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
wrote:
> > 2)Will you be removing the normal mouse cursor on the full screen
> > magnification?
>
> Yes, sure, it must be hidden.
>
> The policy to always hide the cursor if it's above the magnifier screen
> is a good one? Any issues with this? An interface to the client
> (orca/lsr/gnopernicus) switch on/off this policy is interesting?
>
> I was not thinking in coding in the next month(s), but this is not
> difficult and I can do it.

I think that a new interface where the client can ask explicitly to hide
the cursor is interesting too (this will disable the poll that verify
the pointer position and hide it if it's above the magnifier window).

Implementing this will make possible a new type of magnification, where
the client can create two zoom regions, one with 1x of magnification and
another docked (like vertical/horizontal split). The first zoom region
created will be below the second created. So when the user moves the
mouse the client can ask to change the ROI of the first created zoom
region making it roll and showing the part obscured by the second
created zoom region. This is clear? I think that I can implement a
simple program to show it? I don't know when I will be able to do it,
but I will try as soon as possible. If you try ZoomText in
vertical/horizontal split mode you will be able to see what I'm talking
about.

Best regards,
--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
===

Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
Experimente já e veja as novidades.
http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/