[g-a-devel] Are action names localized?

Should the action names exposed by accessible widgets/components be localized?

The case for "yes":
AT like GOK can just expose the action names to the user as GOK keys without having to worry about english user literacy. GOK can build keys from the action description instead.

The case for "no":
AT like Orca can do neat things like script for specific action names such as "cycle" or "toggle", and provide a better user experience. If Orca scripted for "toggle" but in Klingon it was in fact "snarklegruff", then the script would fail. Expecting Orca to translate cycle into Klingon in the same way as the author of the app widget did doesn't seem reasonable.

AT-SPI's AccessibleAction_getDescription should of course be expected to return localized strings.

I suppose ideally we could have API:
getUniversalActionName
getActionName
getActionDescription

But we don't. So what should we do? Note: if we say "yes" we still need to solve the keying off action name problem. If we say no, GOK has the fallback of using (a hopefully short) action description to build key labels. If I don't hear back, I'll assume action names are not localized.

cheers,
David