[g-a-devel] window composite managers and gnome-mag

Hi,

When the window composite managers be all around how gnome-mag will
play?

David Reveman give me the advice to write a compiz plugin and make
gnome-mag communicate with it when compiz is running. This is reasonable
for me, but we must have some kind of specification here, something that
I think that fit into the EWMH.

First we must be able to know if the window manager running is a
composite manager (if not, gnome-mag use it's own composite code).

Second, hints (I don't think that hints is a good way, since it must be
granted) for change the built-in window manager magnifier options must
be added, this way when gnome-mag receives a call to change the zoom
factor it will be sended to the window composite manager.

I still want a functional magnifier if I don't want to use a specific
window manager. This is the only way that I see to make the magnifier
portable enough between different window composite managers without
having to make major modifications to the Xserver.

Comments about this are really appreciated.
--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
===

http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/