Re: building gnome 2.0 (fwd)

Hi Archit,

On 19 Jun 2001, Archit Baweja wrote:

> autogen.sh installed by gnome-common, so you _have_ to set ACLOCAL_FLAGS.
> I think they should fix those autogen.sh scripts in them.

	Well, I fixed the problem (although in a hackish manner) by
installing autoconf, automake etc into the same prefix too. Until autoconf
becomes less broken, a parallel install in the same prefix and using the
same aclocal might not be possible.

	Of course, you could change the names of the macros but that is
probably not the way to go.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>