Re: extra apps suggestions

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> On 04 Feb 2001 23:06:51 -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >
> > gnome-pilot - darn useful and pretty stable, but Eskil doesn't really
> >   want to put it in GNOME 1.4
>
> It was in 1.2 also.  Why doesn't eskil want it in 1.4?

AFAIK it wasn't, since I generated the 1.4 package list by starting
with the packages actually in the 1.2 directory. Eskil says he does
not want to have to make things stable enough to be happy with it in
core for the appropriate deadline.

on ftp.gnome.org:

ftp> pwd
257 "/pub/GNOME/stable/releases/gnome-1.2" is current directory.
ftp> ls *pilot*
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory listing.
226 Transfer complete.

> > gob - not really an app, more of a development tool, but lots of
> >   people use it and gnome-pilot depends on it.
>
> This dependency is only a build-time one, though.

Yes, but gnome.org releases source packages so build time dependencies
matter.

 - Maciej