Re: about including gpaint

Just to clarify. I created gtk-canvas, but gpaint does
not use gtk-canvas.  In fact, gpaint just use the
gtkdrawingarea and does not use gtk- or gnome-canvas
at all.  Also gpaint uses the standard gnome libraries
and will use gnome-print in the next version that I am
working on.

The people making this accusation obviously have not
download gpaint at all and looked at it.

Andy Tai
--- Jamin Philip Gray <jgray writeme com> wrote:

> > > 	I don't agree with you. My graphic needs are
> 99% covered by a gpaint
> > > kind application. I don't have the time for
> learning how to use a
> > > powerful tool like gimp and I don't want to do
> so.
> > >
> > > 	You can think I'm not a common user, maybe
> you'll be right, but if the
> > > tool is done I think is good idea  including it.
> >
> > Maybe my feelings are political, but I have a hard
> time justifying adding
> > an app that uses the forked GtkCanvas and doesn't
> depend on any GNOME
> > libraries to the official GNOME apps package. I
> would hate to see us
> > endorsing forking core GNOME libraries.
>
> Absolutely.  This the Gnome 1.4 extra app release.
> With a few
> exceptions (like the gimp which is just a no-brainer
> for inclusion),
> all the apps should be Gnome specific, not just GTK+
> apps.  In
> addition, they should not use forked libraries, but
> rather the endorsed
> Gnome 1.4 Platform.  This is a requirement for
> inclusion in my mind,
> and I think others will back me up.

> name:    Jamin Philip Gray
> email:   jgray writeme com
> icq:     1361499
> jabber:  jamin jabber com
> web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/
>
> I wear my shadows
> Where they're harder to see
> But they follow me everywhere
> I guess that should tell me I'm travelling toward
> light
>
> --Bruce Cockburn

=====
Andy Tai, atai atai org, +1 408 943 0287, +1 408 393 6370

Dept of ECE, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0407, USA
atai ucsd edu

Free Software: the software by the people, of the people and for the people! Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!