Re: about including gpaint

> > 	I don't agree with you. My graphic needs are 99% covered by a gpaint
> > kind application. I don't have the time for learning how to use a
> > powerful tool like gimp and I don't want to do so.
> >
> > 	You can think I'm not a common user, maybe you'll be right, but if the
> > tool is done I think is good idea  including it.
>
> Maybe my feelings are political, but I have a hard time justifying adding
> an app that uses the forked GtkCanvas and doesn't depend on any GNOME
> libraries to the official GNOME apps package. I would hate to see us
> endorsing forking core GNOME libraries.

Absolutely.  This the Gnome 1.4 extra app release.  With a few
exceptions (like the gimp which is just a no-brainer for inclusion),
all the apps should be Gnome specific, not just GTK+ apps.  In
addition, they should not use forked libraries, but rather the endorsed
Gnome 1.4 Platform.  This is a requirement for inclusion in my mind,
and I think others will back me up.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

I wear my shadows
Where they're harder to see
But they follow me everywhere
I guess that should tell me I'm travelling toward light

--Bruce Cockburn