[gnet-devel] GNet tests

Hi,

My name is Robert Pes and I work for Sun Microsystems. I'm just about to start to work with my colleague David Fan on integration of your GNet library into Java Desktop System (JDS). I'll be responsible in particular for testing of the library after its integration into the JDS consolidation. The goal is to make sure that the all the library features work as expected.

I noticed there were some test suites attached to your source tarball. I tried to run them using "make check" but there were no visible results. Is there any trick in running them? I was also wondering whether there is any test documentation describing the test scope, feature coverage and expected results. I didn't find anything either in available docs or the tests/ folder and the test source code is not that easy to read (I'm rather Java programmer than C one).

I was also thinking of running one of the applications using GNet, like e.g. Mail Notify, to verify functionality of your library. Do you think it's a good idea? Which application would in your opinion provide the best coverage of the supported features?

Thank you a lot for any information!

Robert Pes