[Glade-users] Modifer keys and text view

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Peter Keller <psilord at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:34:38PM -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
have you tried hitting shft-insert with the textview in focus
and text in your clipboard ?

So how is insert-at-cursor different from the pasting from clipboard
signals? I thought insert at cursor meant the cooked letter you typed
in where ever the cursor happened to be.

Well, the paste clipboard signals seem more like notifications than
implementations,
but thats just at a glance - my guess is that insert-at-cursor has to do with
pasting the clipboard at the cursor position, I've not used these
signals before.

I wish there was a tutorial to simply show how to build a simple notepad
like editor using glade-3. I guess, if I can get this simple thing I
want to do working, I'll write one up.

The information available for GTK is both vast and somewhat disconnected... :(

Have you looked at gtk-demo and the examples directory in the gtk+ tree ?