[Glade-users] Generate c-file in glade3??

John Coppens wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:28:21 -0400
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

(ofcourse this also means that we no longer maintain a bulk of
irrelevent code just to generate code that noone is using anyway).

That is quite a statement. I think you'd be surprised how many people
were left behind with that decision... For one, I _was_ using the
generated code.

Indeed,
     luckily I can hide behind the people who made that decision about
5 years ago, and spend time worrying about other things :)

But in all seriousness - yes, it was my intention to make that
statement blunt, clear and to the point - since some people might be left
behind on that and better know sooner than later.

Ofcourse, if there's really a need for generated code - maybe some glade
file interpretation scripts could be implemented as plugins of some
IDE or something, although I wouldnt encourage that unless there are real
reasons/use-cases for it (smaller distributions on embedded platforms comes
to mind ? but even then I'd think libglade/libxml2 dependancy is worth
the bloat, and then theres the GMarkup based builder comming in gtk+-2.12
anyway...).