[Glade-users] two easy-to-implement glade interface suggestions

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:45:24 +0100, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> wrote:
On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 18:57, Neil Zanella wrote:

One of the top reasons for me quitting glade is
that there are too many glade windows open, so I quit just so I can restart
with all the clutter gone. In any case, you should allow the user to discard
the state of the window layout in some way or another, cause I know,
popups are annoying, so popups are not the best solution to this
problem perhaps, but some way of disabling / resetting the state
should definitely be included if you are going to implement this.

Sounds like you really just want a Windows->Close All menu item... as
recommended by the HIG :)

Cheeri,

To summarize the outcome of this thread,
the "Windows" menu on the Glade main
window should look just like this to be
complete and for maximum usability:

 Windows
| [check] Show Palette              |
|            Raise Palette               |
| [check] Show Propery Editor    |
|            Raise Property Editor   |
| [check] Show Widget Tree       |
|            Raise Widget Tree       |
| [check] Show Clipboard          |
|            Raise Clipboard           |
|          Close All                       |

Best Regards,

Neil