[Glade-devel] I'd like to know an architectural decision

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com> wrote:
 Secondly, for me to be able to provide you with more useful information,
 and for me to understand you better - you must please just state your
 mission with glade, you say you are encountering these problems, what
 exactly are you trying to do ?

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=671C4A49E54095D0
And now I'm trying only to use glade in anjuta but it doesn't work
well, so I think at least the most important issues should be fixed.

 Agreed, I introduced the one time idle (which is IMO more stable than a timeout)
 when I made glade show the first widget in a project inside the workspace at
 project load time.

That's good until somebody else uses idle too like Anjuta does.

 The real root of this problem is that gtk+ does not support embedding
 of toplevel
 windows, the best way to deal with this would be to rally for support
 in gtk+ and
 provide patches to gtk+ to this effect, other than that there may be a
 way to work
 around the idle approach and make it all work synchronously, but it would also
 be a hack and as they say "if its not broke dont fix it" :)

And what about GtkPlug?

--
Regards,
Pavel