[Glade-devel] [Glade-users] Autoglade

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:14:34 +0200
Diego Torres Milano <diego at codtech.com> wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I didn't take the time to go through the whole tutorial but
I think I get the idea, one little problem I see is that you
are using the widget's name property, I think with a little
collaboration we can setup the widget's name, auto, init and
optional parameters separately from the widget name.

Widget name is used because the file continues to be a valid glade file
and can be edited through glade.
It would be nice to have somewhere to enter arbitrary properties and
values. Then it would be added as
<property name="myprop">myval</property>
in the glade XML file.

Properties cannot be used because they are defined in the class initialization. Anyway, as Diego, me also
will be more than happy to have a chance to bind arbitrary key-value to an object. I think implementing it
using g_object_{set,get}_data() should be possible, using the g_strduped text as the value and adding
<data name="mydata">myval</data>
to the XML definitions.

Checked GtkBuilder but found nothing on this matter.

Ciao,
--
Nicola