Re: [gitg] gitg current state of development

Hi,

2012/10/10 Ignacio Casal Quinteiro <nacho resa gmail com>:
> the vala rewrite was already pushed into master. Although there were some
> breaks in libgit2-glib and now we have to rething some parts of gitg again.
> I know this is taking quite some time but we are trying to make things
> better. If you want to help is is also appreciated, but against the new vala
> code.

Bad new to learn that gitg's rewrite is still in heavy development.
What about revising your position about the old version?
It's easy to understand that, when a rewrite is in progress, the best
thing is to focus all the contribution on this rewrite and so, lock
the old version development. But this direction is quite hard to keep
when the rewrite take more and more time. I fear that continuing like
this will give a bad opinion about the gitg tool/project.

Can we reopen old version development branch for fixing bugs and
publishing new release (to fix bugs)? Does the current team can do
that or do you need a dedicated new maintainer (for this single
branch)?