[Gimp-user] Lighting Presets

Gimp comes from unix roots (now linux) where separate windows is often
the norm.

Only recently, with Gimp 2.10 that  Single window mode became the
default with
installation. The old multi-window mode is still there, bottom of the
Windows
menu, a toggle for Window mode.  See the screenshot.

Single window mode came about from moaning PS users who hated the Gimp
multi-window mode. I use single window most of the time, if I want to
compare
another image I open with a basic file viewer, however multi-window
mode still
has its uses. There, if you need it.

There are other forums dedicated to Gimp, nothing to stop you picking
tips up
from them. try gimpchat.com for a starter, plenty artists there.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1234/original/multi.jpg

I appreciate the information. It would be nice if the program did this and kept
everything in a stable mode as single window mode as in Photoshop. Still it's a
work around that will help me in creating textures by being able to check my
color matching with the main piece I'm working on.

I've been on other forums for Gimp but so far this site has the most polite
people and provide information that is useful and quite knowledgeable. I think
I'll be quite happy here. Sorry for such a late reply.

--
EdgeLagerthaSeawolf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)