[Gimp-user] Printing images to scale

Hello, I have a 36" plotter printer. I take pdf Images and resize them so the men in our shop can use them as
a template for product that we make. GIMP is great with resizing however when I go to print the images they
aren't coming out to scale. I tried messing with the page setup and print options but nothing has been able
to work. In the print options I go to image settings and there is a section that I can change image
dimensions but it won't let me change them. Anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong? Thanks!

-        Priscilla