[Gimp-user] ht outline transparent areas in one file and select the same in another?

Sorry for the confused sounding subject!

From a png of a whole dollar bill (A) I made a png of a dollar bill
torn in half (B) where the other half is gone/transparent.  Now, I'd
like to make a third file based on these two of the exact *other* half
of the dollar bill.  i.e., keep everything in A that is transparent in
B, and delete everything in A that is not transparent in B.

I'm thinking, "Select the transparent area of B (how?), select that
same shape in A (how?), invert the selection, and hit delete."

Thanks for any help/suggestions-

Open the half note image

Open -> As-Layers a full note image

Make sure the full note layer has an Alpha channel. Layer -> Transparency -> Add
Alpha Channel

On the half note layer: Layer -> Transparency -> Alpha to Selection   screenshot
1

On the full note layer Edit -> Cut    screenshot 2

Turn off visibility of half note layer, Export as a png.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/737/original/01.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/738/original/02.jpg