Re: [Gimp-user] Color mismatch between display and printer

On 10/02/2016 04:19 AM, gimp-users mbourne spamgourmet com wrote:
Apart from specifying a colour profile, there may be other settings in
the printer preferences which might affect the colours. For example, my
Epson printer allows me to specify:
- Quality: Draft, Text, Text & Image, Photo, Best Photo
- Paper Type: Plain, Matte, Gloss, Photo, etc.
- On an "Advanced" tab, there's a colour mode settings button to adjust
brightness, contrast, etc. and even nudge the colours in a certain
direction - which can give everything a green (or any other colour) tint.

  The printer is an Epson Picturemate pm 225, fairly basic printer. The
print dialogs are equally spartan: portrait/landscape, color/monochrome.
  (Note: the OS is linux, not windows.)

It may be worth going through the printer preferences checking each tab
of options and/or resetting to defaults, in case they've been
accidentally changed.

  I have tried all of the settings the printer itself offers. None have
made any noticeable difference; none have affected the green cast.
  Others have mentioned a color profile for the printer. Epson does not
offer any, and I do not know how it would be possible to create one and
assign it to the printer.
  Because there is no difference in how the image is printed regardless
of the program which generates the output, and that the printer itself
seems to produce correct test patterns and alignment, my supposition is
that there is some system value that is askew. Where to look for it, I
am clueless.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com