Re: [Gimp-user] Modifying a selected area

I'm still familiarizing myself with Gimp and I like the program. I'm trying to
figure out how to modify a selected area as in the attached photo (which I did
in Corel PhotoPaint.) In Gimp I can select an area, copy and paste it and move
it around but I haven't figured out how to scale it, rotate it, etc. Can someone
please help my find the control which has eluded me?

If you right click on the layer in the Layers Dialog, there is an option to scale it.

If you select the Rotate Tool, you can rotate the layer

Owen