Re: [Gimp-user] Problem loading BMP; invalid BMP or bug in GIMP?

Am 26.01.2014 18:40, schrieb Jerry:

I'm enjoying GIMP for some time. For some time I use it for editing BMP images
with alpha channel. These images are standard under Windows CE. Many GPS
Navigation programs use it.
GIMP version 8.2.6 was able to recognize such images and I was able to export As
A8. These were perfectly compatible with Windows CE 5 and 6, as long as checked
"do not write color space information". When not checked, image was shifted.
GIMP 8.2.10 cannot recognize alpha channel in BMP. In addition, when proper
image is exported as BMP alpha, it's not readable by Windows CE.

Do you have an example of a working and a non-working image somewhere?

And "Captcha" is insanely annoying :(

This is a mailing list, you could sign up directly instead of using it
via the third-party gimpusers.* site.