Re: [Gimp-user] layers, new problem with old methods

In a nutshell, when the selection is copied it includes the (x,y) offset from the upper-left corner of the image canvas, and it utilizes this offset when pasting back into the image. Image zoom is irrelevant and so is canvas size (mostly).

For now, the quickest workaround we have to paste at a specific area of the image is "Paste Into" then "To New Layer" -- and what exactly the difference is between it and normal Paste I've still got to figure out.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com