[Gimp-user] Gimp doesn't respond to mouse in image area, at all

Hi,

could you go in Edit > Input Devices. You should see a device
representing your mouse (here that's called TPPS/2 IBM Trackpoint but
probably the name can be else), or your touchpad if a laptop. Make
sure the mode is "disabled", and not "screen". If on "screen", it may
explain why your mouse won't work for drawing. Tell us how it went.
:-)

Jehan

I tried the above ---went to input devices ( it was on screen) changed to
"disabled"
went to my drawing mouse does not work---back to Input Devices it was on screen
again and disable was grayed out----I could not select it again--The image is
surrounded
by doted lines----not marching ants-----downloaded gimp last week---worked fine
died