Re: [Gimp-user] Mixing colour and black and white images

On 09.09.12 at 7:52 pm, kimkitch wrote:
I am currently trying to combine a colour photo frame with a black and white image, but every time I open the frame in
"open as layers" the frame turns to black and white as well as the photo.
>I have no problem when using colour photos. Is there a way that I can do this so that my photo frame remains it's original colour with the black and white photo inside.

Hi kimkitch,

it seems, your black and white image is in Grayscale mode. You have to make an RGB image of it first: In the Image menu select Mode, then RGB. After that open your coloured frame as layer again.

Kind regards,

Sven