[Gimp-user] 8x10 photo without cropping...

Hi - I am a bit of a newbie to this prog. And the issue I am having, is that I created a Magazine cover using my son's football pic. To make a long story short - I can create a fabulous 4x6, but when I try to send it out to blow up to an 8x10, it crops way too much of the cover... How do I save or edit the pic as an 8x10 so that I do not loose my added graphics and artwork? Please help!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jenn