[Gimp-user] Problem with Windows Gimp 2.8 and Cage tool

Hello everybody,

First mail to this list, I hope this is the correct place to ask this!

I've installed the Gimp 2.8 Windows version suggested in the official site
but I cannot run the cage tool. After making the grid it quickly show a
progress circle saying "calculating coefficients" (or something like that,
since I'm using it in spanish), then "transform grid" and then it hangs up
(and closes gimp) saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an unusual way.

I've checked the installer wasn't corrupt and I've installed it in two
different computers (both having Windows Xp SP3). I think I have more than
enough free memory, so probably the problem is in my Visual C++ libraries.
At least I have installed the Visual C++ 2008 and 2010 Redistributable
libraries to no avail.

Is the cage tool working in the windows version? Should I install something
to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help! Regards,
Koko.
hello everyone i have the same problem, but i found someting curious, i run the portable version at my work
and the computer was slower than mine, but the cage tool dint crashed! in fact worked very good, it has wndow
xp sp3 and all , the only difference is that has instaled visual studio 6, i try to install it since i toll
my boss about the problem and he said that will solve it, BUT, for some reason windows dont let me install
Visual studio 6, so my boss told me to reinstal windows (whit the copy he has) ill do that soon has i back up
all my stuff, but i posted this alternative for you to try it. if you cant install VS6 it could be for sure
the problem of our crashes whit the cage tool , so i can be very sure is a windows issue since the program
and the tool worked! good luck to all!

--
CityHunter (via gimpusers.com)