[Gimp-user] Why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to 2.6.x

I did the same, and also have 2 friends, frequent users of gimp that went back to 2.6. Though it's somewhat
more unstable than 2.8, 2.6 is much more efficient, comfortable, intuitive, fast, and convenient.
From my own part, what decided me to get back to 2.6 is the lame impossibility to choose page format:
portrait or landscape. One day, gimp will choose it's better for my life and for the planet and for the
universe to edit only red bitmaps. This day, i'll still be on the 2.6 ;-P
then i dun care.
GL for your future lame choices developpers !

--
pitibonom (via gimpusers.com)