Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Jay Smith wrote:

In return, I got back a dismissive reply

You didn't :)

that IMHO completely ignored the
intent of what I was trying to say.

If I skip some bits, it doesn't mean that I don't read them or
disagree. It also can mean that I agree and merely reply to the bits
that I disagree or want to clarify (otherwise goddamn long threads get
even longer :)). Which is exactly the case here.

In summary, IF nearly every one of the developers responses included some
version of the following statement, nearly half of your "long threads" would
vanish and life would be good:

 "We understand _____ presents a difficult situation for some
  users and we regret the impact that this has had on you.
  Unfortunately, we had to make difficult choices in the subject
  of _______ and the result is that the program will no longer
  fit the workflow of some users.  We feel that the changes we
  have made will be to the benefit of the majority of the user
  community and we are dedicated to continuing the improvement
  of Gimp for the target user community.  We appreciate your
  loyalty to Gimp and hope that you will find a way to adjust
  your workflows so that Gimp's new behavior will work well
  for you.  Thank you for expressing your concern.  Please know
  that we have heard you, even if the changes we have had to make
  are not favorable for you, and that we will continue to work
  on improving the program to be the best that it can be for
  the target user community."

I can use that in the new FAQ with your permission. How about that?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org