[Gimp-user] Need help repairing image

The GNU Image Manipulation Program will only be able to repair its
image by changing its name.
@ Daniel,
You may be right about plastics but there's something far more important to degradation of analog slides or
negatives.
The colors are "made" during the development and consist of UNSTABLE chemical compounds.Depending on how it's
stored and the atmosphere these chemicals might change color.
Furthermore the layers which contain the info are gelatin.
This slide doesn't show it but this gelatin layer is often eaten by bacteria.
In the past there were a few manufacturers which used organic colors,if I'm not mistaken Perutz was one of
them.Their slides/negatives were stable.

Now for repair I think you could use "Select by color",cut and then use the "Heal tool" to replace the cut
part by surrounding colors.
Another way would be to use the "Free select" tool to cut the green parts by hand and then use the "Heal
tool".
If you use the Free select tool don't cut everything at once,do it in small pieces.
I would use Free select.
Good luck.
Gerard.

--