Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 Release Date

Kasim Ahmic <kasim ahmic gmail com> writes:

OK well I finally installed it and I really like it! Although it was laggy beyond
belief. That might be because it was running off of the USB stick. Does anyone know if
the packages on the Partha website will be able to run side by side with GIMP 2.6.11?

If it truly is a "PortableApp", you should be able to just drag the
folder from your stick to e.g. your desktop or something. The gimp
executable should be in the "bin" subfolder.

On a related note, I see there's a GIMP 2.7.3 at the original
PortableApps.com site:
http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable

Anyone know the difference between the versions?

-Kevin