[Gimp-developer] Black point compensation algorithm

Dear Developer-List,

as part of my research on a seminar paper with the subject „black point compensation“ I also came across the
graphics program GIMP. In some sources it was mentioned that in Gimp you can definitely select or deselect
black point compensation. I am aware of how the BPC works in general. What I need is information about the
algorithm behind it. Is it perhaps from Adobe (Photoshop), or from the ISO 18619: 2015? Unfortunately, I
could not find anything about it on your pages. Can you help me with this?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

With kind regards,

Frieda Orths