Re: [Gimp-developer] GPG signing of GIMP downloads

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 8:33 AM,  <vbzfua tutamail com> wrote:
Please consider taking the following actions to protect the integrity of the GIMP.org binary software
distributions.

We indeed don't sign our tarball at this point, though we have
checksums (but only MD5, I see; would be good if we used better hash
functions. It would be indeed a good idea to sign as well.

This said, our flatpak repository/packages will be fully signed with GPG.

Jehan

Creating a GIMP software signing GPG key.Publishing and mirroring the above pub key and fingerprint.Signing
the GIMP binary distributions with the above key.Publishing and mirroring the resulting .asc signatures.
-eom