Re: [Gimp-developer] Adding better LCH support to GIMP 2.10

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Elle Stone wrote:

I don't mean any disrespect to you or to darktable. That looks like a nice
tool built on top of LCH. Personally I'd probably never use it, but that's a
matter of editing style.

But in what universe is that tool more flexible than giving users direct
control of color through LCH and Luminance blend layers, along with the
ability to modify Lightness, Hue, Chroma directly using an LCH Hue-Chroma
tool?

I _wasn't even referring_ to LCH-based blend modes in the first place.

In _my_ universe it allows to e.g. selectively change
saturation/lightness for any ranges of hues. I can see how this would
irritate people who want numeric inputs for everything though.

Alex