Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.9.x AppImage for testing

On 5 August 2016 at 10:00, Carmelo DrRaw <aferrero1975 gmail com> wrote:
Last night I have prepared a first appimage for testing. It contains:

It seems to work well on gubuntu 16.04! I have some small comments:

* I get the "Should a desktop file ..." install message on every
launch, which is slightly annoying.

* The toolboxes were sized rather small on first launch, but perhaps
that was something carried over from my previous gimp settings. I
resized them larger and the setting was remembered next launch.

* The dark theme is nice, but contrast is too low on some elements.
For example, on the brush select filter. Probably not an issue for you
though.

* I loaded a jpg, imported to working space, applied a gegl filter,
used a mypaint brush, tried a gmic filter, it all seemed to work well,
as far as I can see. I don't have any RAWs handy, so I was unable to
test that.

John