Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP looking for babl and GEGL outside the prefix

Let's say that you are building it somewhere like /opt

Let's also say that your babl/gegl are in /opt/babl and /opt/gegl respectively.

Then, I would do the following:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/babl/lib/pkgconfig;/opt/gegl/lib/pkgconfig;$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Babl has no dependencies and so you can build it first.

Then to build gegl, I would say
./configure --prefix=/opt/gegl LIBS=-L/opt/babl/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/babl/include

For gimp then I would say
./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp LIBS="-L/opt/babl/lib -L/opt/gegl/lib"
CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/babl/include -I/opt/gegl/include"

etc.

Note that both gegl and gimp pick up the libraries from PKG_CONFIG_PATH

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Elle Stone