Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP can't find libmypaint-gegl

On 12/22/2015 08:41 PM, Owen Cook wrote:
On 12/22/2015 08:19 PM, Owen Cook wrote:
After you built  Mypaint, you should have had a libmypaint-gegl.pc which needs to be included in your
PKG_CONFIG path

but here is the pc file which I think explains what is going on. As you can see, I built it in my Gimp
directory, but suspect it can be built anywhere. Let PKG_CONFIG find it.

owen LM-17 ~/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint $ cat libmypaint-gegl.pc
prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint
exec_prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint
libdir=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint/lib
includedir=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint/include

Name: libmypaint-gegl
Version: 1.1
Requires: gegl-0.3 libmypaint
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libmypaint-gegl
Libs: -L${libdir} -lmypaint-gegl

Hmm, there are already similar files for babl/GEGL/GIMP. So that file
probably should be generated automatically when building/installing
libmypaint, but there isn't one in the prefix. Did you create that file?
or was it generated automatically?

I searched my history for libmypaint as well as otherthings found I did this;

a.  git clone https://github.com/mypaint/libmypaint.git
b.  I then read the README.md
c.  Had to install scons
d.  The last scons command was # scons prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT enable_gegl=true
(but judging by the number of other attempts, I must have had some problem)
e.  That generated the libmypaint-gegl.pc
f.  then I exported /home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint to the PKG_CONFIG path
g.  Lastly I installed MyPaint from a debian package manager for the brushes
h.  rebuilt gimp, there was an entry to load mypaint brushes, but "it didn't work"

All that was some time ago and many iterations later I see I no longer build gimp with libmypaint.

In the README.md, there is an interesting line that says;

You can also build a minimal version of libmypaint directly into your application by including "libmypaint.c"

I never psyched that out, but would like to know how to do that.

Owen