Re: [Gimp-developer] Create New Layer Button

Not to be a pain, but if you have a selection already (that you want to
keep), clicking and dragging a colour fills the selection, which is not the
same as making a new layer with foreground/background, or white. If I'm
outvoted on the issue though, I will simply change my workflow. The hotkeys
for fill with fg and bg are useful. Also don't forget the "x" key, which
swaps foreground and background colours (I use this a lot when painting
masks). The "d" key changes the fg and bg colours to black and white (d for
default) as well. This is the same in Photoshop.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com>