[Gimp-developer] What Python binary does GIMP use for its plug-ins on Mac OS X?

Hi everyone,

I've got a toolbox plugin for image labeling for computer vision purposes:
https://github.com/vietjtnguyen/gimp-image-labeling-toolbox

The plug-in depends on NumPy.

I do all of my development and testing thus far on Ubuntu 12.04 and have
had no issues. However, I need to get my toolbox working on another
person's machine. They have a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.8. I'm having a
tough time figuring out how to get NumPy on the machine in such a way that
it will satisfy the dependency for my GIMP plug-in.

When I do a `print(sys.executable)` in my plug-in it shows that it is using
a Python binary in the GIMP application contents (something like
`/Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/MacOS/python`). I'm not sure if this is
linked to another binary somewhere, but it concerns me because it appears
that GIMP essentially comes with its own Python and it's not clear to me
what the nature of such a prepackaged Python would be and how to install
dependencies for it.

I tried finding some information about or questions about GIMP's relation
to Python binaries but came up short.

-
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fmail.gnome.org%2Farchives%2Fgimp-developer-list%2F+python+binary&oq=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fmail.gnome.org%2Farchives%2Fgimp-developer-list%2F+python+binary&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.4546j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8
- http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/

I was hoping someone could help me out in not only solving my dependency
problem but also help me in understanding what GIMP's relationship with
Python is on each platform. On Ubuntu 12.04 it seems to nicely use my
`/usr/bin/python`.

Is there a way to get GIMP to work with Anaconda? Can I replace GIMP's
apparent Python binary on Mac OS X with a symlink to the Anaconda installed
Python binary?

Thanks for the help!

Viet Nguyen