Re: [Gimp-developer] OS X build/Python failure

Am 03.05.14 08:33, schrieb scl:
> Hi,
>
> in order to fix the missing translations in the OS X build
> I tried to build GIMP 2.8 for OS X on my system, following
> Claytons [README].
> However, when it comes to install and build GIMP (the line
> JHB=gimp GIMP_SDK=10.6 jhbuild bootstrap ), Python fails
> to recognize the existing file $HOME/.jhbuild-gimp.

Sorry, a typo. I meant $HOME/.jhbuildrc-gimp.

I investigated a bit further and added a line to print that
exception. It returned 'MacOSX10.6.sdk not found'
After reading
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19555395/python-framework-is-missing-from-os-x-10-9-sdk-why-also-workaround
and checking the place where OS X expects the SDK
(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/)
I saw there are only MacOSX10.8.sdk and MacOSX10.9.sdk.
But neither using GIMP_SDK=10.8 nor GIMP_SDK=10.9 worked. I got then
returned 'MacOSX10.8.sdk not found' and 'MacOSX10.8.sdk not found'.

Then I tried to trick OSX and added a symbolic link to the place
where Python was formerly:
cd MacOSX10.9.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ Python.framework
but this didn't help either. I get the same error messages as above.

Kind regards,

Sven