Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

Srihari Sriraman wrote:

So yes, to a good extent I think I stirred up the cross cutting intentions, feature muddle for tito.
Sorry.. G,D&R ;)

this matches what my conclusions is about TITo (having an internal
code name that is as snappy as that is a good thing):

moving goal posts up to the point where the completely vanished.

However, we have come a long way since then, and Jehan has helped pull this together.
Realistically, tito is what it is today. An action search dialog.

I see you are trying to make it through step one of the
structured process that I contributed, as part of making it
possible that TITo actually makes it into a GIMP release.

‘An action search dialog’ is a pure functional statement,
it does not express why GIMP users (that is the context,
read <http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Vision_briefing>
to get in tune with that context) would find it valuable,
and would bother to use it.

it just takes a few extra words to express that.

once you have completed step one, step two and three
(rip out what does not belong there, and design that what
makes TITo useful for GIMP users) becomes so much easier
to define.

sit down, think about it, and take step one.

good luck,

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture