Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Ofnuts <ofnuts laposte net> wrote:

On 01/14/2014 01:43 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:

And yet the desktop menu in Mint/Cinnamon does precisely this and it
*is*  fast.  I type "Win-key,c,h,r,Enter" and have Chromium running.
Easy.  Faster than the menu navigation.  I go without clicking an item
in the system menu for weeks at a time, on a desktop I use daily.

I don't think it is applicable here because you can be pretty much
mouse-less on a desktop so that you can type everything with two hands.

In Gimp you have only one hand (the other one is on the mouse/tablet).
Either you lose time going back and forth between mouse and keyboard to use
both hands on the keyboard, or your non-mouse hand goes in hunt-and-peck
mode on the keyboard half it is not accustomed to.

So I'm the only one using keyboard shortcuts then?  You actually File->Save
with your *mouse*?  How to you enter text on your text layers?

For the record: some shortcuts require me to drop the pen, others I can
swing with it between fingers.  But I doubt I've done File->Save with mouse
or pen for 15 years, consecutively.  And yet there are items deep within
menus I've forgotten that take hunting for.  If I remember the name or the
description of the thing, why must I wander around seeking the right menu
or sub-menu?

What is TITo really, aside from more robust/intelligent keyboard shortcuts?
 I'll try and checkout the branch and see what it's like in person, but I
can't see what the harm is.  From the what I've seen so far, it could only
be a slight asset to a (granted) small sub-set of users, but not something
that would hamper *anyone's* workflow/experience, whether they actively use
it or not.

Chris