Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp and windows 8.1

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM, kenboydart . <kenboydart gmail com> wrote:
Well now I am getting further along .
But when I press download it takes me to
" Perfect photo suite 8" a program I already have .
Not related to gimp I assume .

It seems like you are not downloading it from the official website.
When you want GIMP, always get it from: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
This is the official release webpage and the only place trustworthy.

There are actually a few places with third-party trusted builds of
GIMP, but if you are not sure of which is which, the gimp.org website
is the place to go (the third party trusted builds are usually listed
there too anyway).
Over there, there won't be any strange advertisements or redirecting
you to some weird other program.

Regards,

Jehan

If someone could recommend a a path to download
Gimp that may be helpful, as I really do want
to use Gimp .
thanks again,
Ken

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>