Re: [Gimp-developer] Attempt to summarize the discussion of my examples of what doesn't work in unbounded sRGB

----- Mail original -----
So I was wrong about Channel Mixer desaturation not working in
unbounded
mode sRGB. Desaturation using Channel Mixer does give "close to the
same
results" as the source color space in unbounded mode sRGB, but *not*
in
perceptually uniform sRGB, rather *only* in linear light sRGB.

Similar issues are easy to demonstrate with Levels upper and lower
sliders, Gradients, Invert. These really need to be linear light
operations.

Is there a list of the operations that don't currently use linear
light?

Yes, grep for "R'" or "Y'" in the operation directory. But... are you really saying that Gradient should be
implemented using a non-perceptual color space?

I think gradient is a good simple example. How this operation should be implemented exactly? We want people
to be able to draw perceptually linear gradient right? How do we achieve that, both from UI and GEGL point of
view.