Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: Gimp Registry Future

Hi Sven -

It is nice to read this -
I am very interested in having it working on "the client side" - that is, a
GIMP plug-in that
could make one-click download of plug-ins, scripts and other resources
(brushes, tool settings, gradients and so on).

Having an API SPEC for the registry would be something great, because if
the current
implementation is found lacking in some aspects, it could later be changed
with
relative little pain, provided the API is respected.

We could build-up something that would allow users with different roles
(that is, system known " to individuals who are
reasonably well-known and accepted within their respective communities" )
who can sign plug-ins, resources, and we should mostly try to get the build
of plug-in binaries
for windows and mac, and possibly even some distributions, automated in
some form (Jenkins
can do the building for testing purposes, I suppose we could fetch the
binaries it generates in
some form?).

To get working going on the registry API itself, maybe we could start work
on it in
a wiki page, and in a later state consolidate that into a more stable
document that
can be rendered into code.

Regards,

  js