Re: [Gimp-developer] Improving pygimp documentation

After picking this up again I've run into a problem. I'm not really
sure how to get this to replace the current gimp.PDB with its wrapped
version. Am I correct in thinking that the best way to do this is to
rename the gimp.so C library to be _gimp.so and then importing
everything from there in a python file gimp.py and do the wrapping
step in there?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Sean Munkel <seanmunkel gmail com> wrote:
>>One
>> way to get around this issue of __doc__ not being display is to
>> actually create a regular python function for each procedure. Instead
>> of using gimp.PDB you would have to wrap it in a class that will use
>> its methods but hook into __getattr__. Inside of __getattr__ it would
>> create a function that would then be able to have a __doc__ that would
>> be displayed by help.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/smunkel/5103533
>
> Yes - that would be more or less the way to go -
> Or that, or make each PDB callable object be in a separate class by itself.
>
> Did the code in the link above work for you? (I have not tried it yet)

It isn't properly dealing with Nones everywhere yet, but for the most part its
working correctly.

--Sean Munkel