Re: [Gimp-developer] How to deal with pixel-per-pixel operations?

On 11 June 2013 14:03, Alessandro Francesconi <alessandrofrancesconi live it
wrote:

Got problems here...

Following the goat example, I downloaded the libgegl-dev 0.2 package (I'm
on Debian) and I've started including the necessary libs in my source code:

-----
#include <libgimp/gimp.h>

#include <libgimp/gimpui.h>

#include <gegl.h>
-----

gegl_init() is recognized, but gimp_drawable_get_buffer() and
gimp_drawable_get_shadow_buffer() don't.
They appears to be defined in the git repository, here:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/libgimp/gimpdrawable.h
But looking at the gimp 2.8.4 libs I have in my machine, gimpdrawable.h
does not contain those definitions!

Don't tell me... gimp_drawable_get_buffer() and similar are not yet in the
set of available APIs for GIMP-dev 2.8.4.... is it right? How can I develop
a GEGL plugin for 2.8.4 application in these conditions? .-.

I am afraid that is the case. These APIs were introduced after 2.8.x was
released, and will be available in GIMP 2.10. The existing (non-GEGL) pixel
manipulation APIs will be removed in GIMP 3.0, which will follow after 2.10.
I recommend just making sure that the code that manipulates pixels/tiles is
clearly separated in the plugin and that they fit OK with the API model
that GeglBuffer has, to make porting when 2.10 comes out quick and easy.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com