Re: [Gimp-developer] unified transform tool

On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 21:16 +0100, peter sikking wrote:
[...]
Some other use cases:
* skew by 45 degrees, or by a specific measured distance
* repeat a rotation but rotate by five degrees more than last time
* scale a selection that's too large to fit on the screen

thanks for contributing.

would the last one not be done better with a dialog box from
a menu command? could be interactive before committing.

It might be; duplicate / rotate / duplicate rotate again, actually makes
more sense in a vector appliation where there's no reduction of quality
for repeated rotations than in today's gimp.

[...]

everything you (Liam) need and ask for has its place in the
redesigned precision rotate and perspective tool(s).

I do expect that the redesigned precision tool(s) need to
gain some features for that.

Thank you for the response. In that case all the existing transform
tools need to stay, of course. Even when I work by feel I want to be
able to undo, and redo almost-but-not-quite, and the numbers make that
possible, rather like the "saved settings" in Curves.

Liam