Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 05:53:22PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > images in XCF files. Whether this category is big or small, I don't know
> > for sure, but it's pretty reasonable to think that it's large enough to
> > deserve a configuration option.
> Where would you stop with configuration options, when masses dictate
> their wishes?

With some sensible discretion. Here, it's not just a "paint it pink please!
no, it must be purple!" discussion. There's two valid use cases -- people
who work in very different ways. It'd be easy to support both.

It's also worth noting that options to disable save confirmation in certain
cases are a longstanding UI tradition. It's more surprising to see the lack
of an option than to see one.

> > adding a configuration option for the non-XCF users was dismissed?
> It's all over the mailing list. Get blindfolded, point your finger in
> an arbitrary direction, and you won't miss :)

Again: evidence that people care.