[Gimp-developer] Cross-compile for and packaging/testing on Windows

Hi,

I have tried native compilation (the GIT repo) in a Windows 7 VM; then I tried to cross-compile.
I finally managed to complete the GIMP cross-compilation!
This email from the archive has been a great help by the way: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2012-May/msg00067.html

This kind of information should definitely be in a WINDOWS-DEV-README (or whatever you wish to call it) file in our repo! That would prevent potential developers to search for days on the web (and for myself in the future maybe, because I probably, and hopefully, won't cross-compile anything for quite some time).

Would it be ok to include such a file in devel-docs/ for instance?
I can provide an updated version for this procedure.

Jehan