Re: [Gimp-developer] contribution processes...

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM, gfxuser <gfx user online de> wrote:

> Another dawn of hope is the GEGL porting matrix. AFAIK most of GIMP is
> ported to GEGL, but there are still some open 'easy to do' tasks - the best
> start for beginners. The matrix starts with the chapter 'How to port' -
> which is empty. How is a beginner supposed to port anything?

Empty? No, it says "Missing info. You can help filling it :)" Which
means that...

> It would also
> be helpful if somebody regularly concludes some discussions of general
> interest on IRC or the devlist and maintains an up-to-date list in the wiki.

...is entirely possible, but requires someone to be around at all
times. I will, of course, do my best, but cannot guarantee either
24/7/365 presence, or full understanding of all technical discussions.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org